Health Care Providers
As trusted sources of information about health coverage options, health care providers are critical to connecting Washington residents to the health plans and financial help now available to them through Washington Healthplanfinder. The Washington Health Benefit Exchange is committed to making it easy for you to tell your patients about Washington Healthplanfinder. Below are a few things you can do, and the tools to make them a reality.
A Few Things Health Care Providers Can Do to Support Washington Healthplanfinder
- Make sure all medical and non-medical staff know what Washington Healthplanfinder is and how to talk about it. Easy ways to inform your staff include:
- Dedicate the first few minutes of staff/team meetings to review information about Washington Healthplanfinder
- Send an email to your staff with updates about open enrollment
- Post an overview and links to wahealthplanfinder.org to your internal web page
- Print materials from our Partner Toolkit and post them in break rooms
- Identify all patient access points for your hospital or clinic, like phones, information centers, check-in desks, waiting rooms, and website, and make sure information about Washington Healthplanfinder is available.
- Contact a local broker or navigator. These organizations provide in-person assistance to individuals, families, and small businesses to help them determine which health insurance option best fits their needs. These individuals can tell you how to best support local enrollment efforts, including opportunities for you to partner with the Exchange. For local events you can promote with your patients, visit our Events Calendar.
- Inform yourself with more information about Washington Healthplanfinder and Washington Apple Health (Medicaid).