The Washington Health Benefit Exchange has designed its state-based insurance marketplace to allow insurance producers to play a critical role in helping Washington residents access health plans offered through the site. Producers who are authorized to sell Washington Healthplanfinder products will be able to present Qualified Health Plans to individuals in Washington state.
Why You Should Get Involved
Washington Healthplanfinder provides producers access to a market of consumers who may now be eligible for premium subsidies or tax credits to help pay for their insurance coverage. Producers may also be able to reduce costs for existing clients by enrolling clients in health insurance through Washington Healthplanfinder. Washington Healthplanfinder offers Producers:
- A password-protected login and dashboard to track their client database, client contact information, and application status.
- A listing of each producer in the Washington Healthplanfinder system will allow consumers to easily locate them by name, zip code or agency (organization).
- Customer service will be available to answer questions and provide support to producers as they work with clients.
- Dedicated support is available for producers regarding consumer and client issues through your producer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Producer specific resources in the form of newsletters, a password-protected resource page for additional training, and webinars.
Training and Compensation
Licensed producers can become authorized to sell health plans offered through Washington Healthplanfinder upon completing a training program in the Learned Management System (LMS) and submitting a certification fee if required. Producers must also be appointed by respective health insurance carriers to sell specific plan products. Producers may receive compensation from their appointed carriers for sales of insurance plans offered on Washington Healthplanfinder. The Washington Health Benefit Exchange does not pay commissions. Commission inquiries should be directed to the carrier.
In order to complete the training program, an LMS account is required. ONLY New Producers WITHOUT an active broker account on the Exchange, will need to fill out the request form below:
- Each individual producer must request an LMS account. Agency accounts are not available
- LMS accounts will be created within 1 week of receiving the request form
- Producers will receive an automatic email with log in credentials once the account has been created
- If you are an active producer and need help logging into your LMS account, please email email@example.com