The Washington Health Benefit Exchange has designed its state-based insurance marketplace to allow insurance brokers to play a critical role in helping Washington residents access health plans offered through the site. Brokers who are authorized to sell Washington Healthplanfinder products will be able to present Qualified Health Plans to individuals and businesses in Washington state.
Why You Should Get Involved
Washington Healthplanfinder provides brokers exclusive access to an untapped market of consumers and businesses who may now be eligible for premium subsidies or tax credits to help pay for their insurance coverage. Brokers may also be able to reduce costs for existing clients by enrolling clients in health insurance through Washington Healthplanfinder. Washington Healthplanfinder offers brokers:
- A password-protected login and dashboard to track their client database, client contact information, and application status.
- A unique profile for each broker in the Washington Healthplanfinder system will allow consumers and small businesses to easily locate them by name or zip code.
- Customer service will be available to answer questions and provide support to brokers as they work with clients.
Training and Compensation
Licensed brokers can become authorized to sell health plans offered through Washington Healthplanfinder upon completing an Exchange training course. Brokers must also be appointed by respective health insurance carriers to sell specific plan products. Brokers will receive compensation from their appointed carriers for sales of insurance plans offered on Washington Healthplanfinder, just as they do in the outside market.
New Broker Training
- February 7, 2017 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- March 15, 2017 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- April 13, 2017 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- May 11, 2017 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- June 15, 2017 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
If you’re an active Washington Healthplanfinder broker, sign in to your Support Network page for training opportunities.