The Washington Health Benefit Exchange has designed its state-based insurance marketplace to allow insurance brokers to play a critical role in helping Washington residents access health plans offered through the site. Brokers who are authorized to sell Washington Healthplanfinder products will be able to present Qualified Health Plans to individuals and businesses in Washington state.
Why You Should Get Involved
Washington Healthplanfinder provides brokers exclusive access to an untapped market of consumers and businesses who may now be eligible for premium subsidies or tax credits to help pay for their insurance coverage. Brokers may also be able to reduce costs for existing clients by enrolling clients in health insurance through Washington Healthplanfinder. Washington Healthplanfinder offers brokers:
- A password-protected login and dashboard to track their client database, client contact information, and application status.
- A unique profile for each broker in the Washington Healthplanfinder system will allow consumers and small businesses to easily locate them by name or zip code.
- Customer service will be available to answer questions and provide support to brokers as they work with clients.
Training and Compensation
Licensed brokers can become authorized to sell health plans offered through Washington Healthplanfinder upon completing an Exchange training course. Brokers must also be appointed by respective health insurance carriers to sell specific plan products. Brokers will receive compensation from their appointed carriers for sales of insurance plans offered on Washington Healthplanfinder, just as they do in the outside market.
New Broker Training
- September 25, 2017 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- October 3, 2017 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- October 12, 2017 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- October 17, 2017 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- October 24, 2017 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Payment: The payment link will be available in the confirmation email. Click on the payment link to make your required $35 payment. By clicking on the payment link, you will be redirected to a third party payment site. WAHBE is not responsible for any content on this site. All major credit and debit cards are accepted. All payments are final – no refunds will be issued. The link is available is available here for your convenience. Please note: Your producer account will not be created unless payment is received.
For any questions regarding registration or payments, please email email@example.com.
Broker Training Payment Process | PDF
Frequently Asked Questions | PDF
If you’re an active Washington Healthplanfinder broker, sign in to your Support Network page for training opportunities.