The Washington Health Benefit Exchange has designed its state-based insurance marketplace to allow insurance producers to play a critical role in helping Washington residents access health plans offered through the site. Producers who are authorized to sell Washington Healthplanfinder products will be able to present Qualified Health Plans to individuals in Washington state.
Why You Should Get Involved
Washington Healthplanfinder provides producers access to a market of consumers who may now be eligible for premium subsidies or tax credits to help pay for their insurance coverage. Producers may also be able to reduce costs for existing clients by enrolling clients in health insurance through Washington Healthplanfinder. Washington Healthplanfinder offers Producers:
- A password-protected login and dashboard to track their client database, client contact information, and application status.
- A listing of each producer in the Washington Healthplanfinder system will allow consumers to easily locate them by name, zip code or agency (organization).
- Customer service will be available to answer questions and provide support to producers as they work with clients.
- Dedicated support is available for producers regarding consumer and client issues through your producer support team.
- Producer specific resources in the form of newsletters, a password-protected resource page for additional training, and webinars.
Training and Compensation
Licensed producers can become authorized to sell health plans offered through Washington Healthplanfinder upon completing an Exchange training course. Producers must also be appointed by respective health insurance carriers to sell specific plan products. Producers may receive compensation from their appointed carriers for sales of insurance plans offered on Washington Healthplanfinder. The Washington Health Benefit Exchange does not pay commissions. Commission inquiries should be directed to the carrier.
Security and Privacy Awareness Certification
Due to increased security measures at the Exchange, we now require producers to attend a Security and Privacy Awareness training. This no cost webinar training will be required once a year for new and currently active Washington Healthplanfinder producers. Each producer must register and log into the webinar individually and attend the presentation in full to pass training. Your producer account will not be re-certified or created if you do not attend this training. Active producers will want to attend training prior to December 31 of each year and new producers are encouraged to attend training prior to new producer certification to avoid account creation delays.
New Producer Certification
Please note: must have 25 or more registered to conduct certification.
Certification Dates and Times
- Oct 17, 2018 9am – 12pm
- Oct 24, 2018 9am – 12pm
- Nov 6, 2018 9am – 12pm
How Do I Register and Pay for New Producer Certification?
To register for certification, you must submit payment first. Certification fee is $35 if you register prior to September 17th. If you register after September 17th, certification will cost $45. Once you submit payment, please check your payment receipt for a link to register for certification. The registration link is under the Item column in the middle of the receipt.
By clicking on the payment link, you will be redirected to a third party payment site. WAHBE is not responsible for any content on this site. All major credit and debit cards are accepted. All payments are final – no refunds will be issued.
Step 1 – Submit Certification Fee
- Complete the payment form.
- Input attendee’s Washington producer number (WAOIC)
- First Name/Last Name must be attendee’s name
- Please use the same email as listed in your producer account
- Select the option, New Broker Webinar Training – 2018, in the New Broker Training drop down
- Name of Card does not have to be attendee
- Click on Submit. Make sure you only pay once. After your payment is complete, you will see a screen that shows your payment has been processed with success.
Step 2 – Register for Certification
- Check your email for your payment receipt (please keep for your records). Click on the URL next to Item New Broker Webinar Training – 2018. You will be routed to the Exchange’s corporate website to select a certification date.
- Click on the certification to register. You will be routed to GoToWebinar to register. You will receive a registration confirmation email with webinar details.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
For more detailed information and common frequently asked questions, please review the PDF’s below.
Producer Payment and Registration Process | PDF
Certification Process FAQs | PDF
If you’re an active Washington Healthplanfinder producer, sign in to your Partner Sign In page for training opportunities.