October 2017 | Topics: Medicare Eligibility | Presentation
American Indian/Alaska Native Provisions in the ACA (rev. Nov. 2016)
The federal government has a “Trust Responsibility” for providing health care to
AI/ANs; this is acknowledged by the unique AI/AN provisions in the ACA.
- Tribal Premium Sponsorship
- Tribal Assister Training & Certification
- No open enrollment periods. Can enroll up to once a month.
- No co-pays, deductibles, or co-insurance if under 300% of the FPL.
- No copays, deductibles or co-insurance if over 300% of the FPL and use a tribal/IHS facility or are referred out by a Contract Health Service program to another provider.
- Choice of Bronze plan with cost-sharing.
- AI/ANs eligible for IHS services are eligible to show IHS eligibility and a waiver from the requirement for individuals to have health insurance.