The Washington Health Benefit Exchange (Exchange) today is warning customers without 2020 coverage that Sunday, Dec. 15 at 11:59 p.m. is the deadline to sign up for health and dental plans through Washington Healthplanfinder that begin on Jan. 1.
Since the open enrollment period began, more than 187,000 Washingtonians have already selected 2020 Qualified Health Plans (QHP) using Washington Healthplanfinder, including around 15,000 residents who signed up for health coverage over the past week. With traffic to www.wahealthplanfinder.org expected to continue rising, customers needing 2020 coverage are directed to submit an application and lock in their plan selection immediately to avoid any potential delays.
“It is important customers act now in order to secure coverage that begins on Jan. 1,” said Michael Marchand, Exchange chief marketing officer. “Help is available to all Washingtonians needing to go through the plan selection process. We encourage residents to utilize the Exchange’s customer support resources to select health and dental coverage that begins as soon as possible.”
Outside the standard weekday operating hours of 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., the Exchange Customer Support call center based in Spokane Valley (1-855-923-4633) is open extended hours to assist those signing up for coverage by the deadline for Jan. 1 coverage.
The Exchange highly encourages customers to update their information, take advantage of our resources, and shop plans as other affordable options may be available starting November 1. To find the Navigator or broker nearest you: use the WAPlanfinder app or go to Washington Healthplanfinder.
Available resources for coverage
- Online – Washington Healthplanfinder
- Mobile – WAPlanfinder app
- In-person assistance at enrollment centers or through brokers and navigators
- By phone: Exchange Customer Support Center 1-855-923-4633 | TTY: 1-855-627-9604
- Washington Healthplanfinder Chat
Chat will provide customers a platform to talk directly with customer support representatives—in English and Spanish—during business hours when they are logged into their user account.
Before starting the application process, gather all your information:
- Legal names of all household members
- Birthdates for household members
- Home and mailing address
- Social Security Number or immigration documents (Families which include unlawfully present immigrants may still apply)
- Income information (recent pay stubs, tax return, or W-2)
- Tax filing status
- Current health plan information
- Tribal membership (if enrolled in a federally recognized tribe)
Open enrollment for 2020 plans begins November 1 through December 15. During this time the Exchange Customer Support call center based in Spokane Valley will be open normal operating hours and ready to receive calls from 7:30 a.m.-8:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Additionally, extended hours scheduled:
- Open on November 11 (Veteran’s Day) and November 29 (the day after Thanksgiving)
- December 1 – 10: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- December 11 – 14 from 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- December 15 (Sunday) from 7:30 a.m. – 11:59 p.m.
- December 16 – 30 from 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Open on two Saturdays in December – the 7th and 14th (hours TBD)