Follow the Exchange on social media and share our content:
- Twitter: @WAPlanFinder
- Instagram: @WAPlanFinder
Help Us Spread The Word!
Special Enrollment Period
A special enrollment period is a time outside the open enrollment period when you can sign up for coverage or shop for a new plan. Certain life changes, like loss of job and health coverage, may qualify you for a special enrollment period. You can receive free help applying for health care coverage from an expert in your community at
Suggested Social Media Posts:
- If you lost your health coverage, @WAplanfinder can help you find, compare, and enroll in a health plan during these tough times. You may even qualify for free coverage. Learn more: https://bit.ly/2VjBCft #GetCoveredWA #StayCoveredWA
- Suddenly lost your healthcare? You have options. Find, compare, and enroll in a health plan—including free coverage options with @WAplanfinder. Learn more: https://bit.ly/2VjBCft #GetCoveredWA #StayCoveredWA
- If you lost your health coverage, @WAHealthplanfinder can help you find, compare, and enroll in a health plan. You may even qualify for free coverage. Learn more: https://bit.ly/2VjBCft #GetCoveredWA #StayCoveredWA
- Suddenly lost your healthcare? You have options. Find, compare, and enroll in a health plan—including free coverage options with @WAHealthplanfider. Learn more: https://bit.ly/2VjBCft #GetCoveredWA #StayCoveredWA
Every single Washingtonian needs to know their options for health coverage. Free, over-the-phone enrollment assistance is available across the state.
At upcoming speaking events, please use these talking points to help us connect people to coverage:
- To request this special enrollment, contact an enrollment center, broker, or navigator. Contact information for insurance experts who are available to answer questions and get customers enrolled in the right plan as soon as possible is available through the mobile app or at Washington Healthplanfinder.
- Help is also available in over 175 languages at the Healthplanfinder Customer Support Center (1-855-923-4633; TTY: 855-627-9604).
- You may qualify for free or low-cost health coverage through the Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) program. Apple Health enrollment is open year-round. Eligibility is based on your income and household size. See if you qualify at hca.wa.gov/ah4u.
Special Enrollment Period General Awareness:
- SEP General Awareness
- SEP General Awareness (Chinese)
- SEP General Awareness (Khmer)
- SEP General Awareness (Korean)
- SEP General Awareness (Laotian)
- SEP General Awareness (Russian)
- SEP General Awareness (Somali)
- SEP General Awareness (Spanish)
- SEP General Awareness (Vietnamese)
Special Enrollment Period How-to-Guide:
- SEP How-to-Guide
- SEP How-to-Guide (Chinese)
- SEP How-to-Guide (Khmer)
- SEP How-to-Guide (Korean)
- SEP How-to-Guide (Laotian)
- SEP How-to-Guide (Russian)
- SEP How-to-Guide (Somali)
- SEP How-to-Guide (Spanish)
- SEP How-to-Guide (Vietnamese)
Special Enrollment Period 2021 (August 15 Extension):
Get Covered Day Graphics:
- Lost Job-Health Coverage
Amharic | អក្សរខ្មែរ – Cambodian (Khmer) | 中文 – Chinese | 한국어 – Korean | ພາສາລາວ – Lao | Русский – Russian | Af-soomaali – Somali | Español – Spanish | Tiếng Việt – Vietnamese
- COVID-19 Consumer Support Available (PDF)
- Loss of Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage (PDF)
- Step by Step Guide: How to Report a Change (PDF)
- How to Change Premium Tax Credit Amount (PDF)
- Special Enrollment Period Checklist (PDF)
This guide aims to clarify Washington Health Benefit Exchange styles, including look, feel and written standards for all Washington Healthplanfinder content. Download the Washington Healthplanfinder style guide.
These PDFs are free, print-ready materials for you to use and distribute.
Open Enrollment Announcement
Announcement in 20 different languages.
Open Enrollment Outreach Best Practices Guide
Key messages and tips.
Road Map to Health
User’s Guide to Key Terms
Navigator Enrollment Guide
A step-by-step guide through the enrollment process with a navigator.
Broker Enrollment Guide
A step-by-step guide through the enrollment process with a broker.
Qualified Health Plan Metal Levels
Citizenship and Immigration Eligibility Chart
Health Coverage Options for Childcare Workers & Their Families
What is Washington Healthplanfinder Fact Sheet
Language Assistance Posters
Specific Health Insurance Benefits for American Indians/Alaskan Natives
Quick Start Guide to Applying for Health Coverage
Special Enrollment Period Eligibility Checker
H-2A Visa Workers