Open Enrollment begins November 1, 2015 and runs through January 31, 2016. Open Enrollment is the time of year when you can enroll or renew coverage in a Qualified Health Plan, and this year there are more options than ever before. Visit www.wahbexchange.org/new-customers/coverage-basics/health-plans-overview to find out more.
- Nov. 1 – Open Enrollment begins! You can shop and compare 2016 coverage options at www.wahealthplanfinder.org.
- Dec. 23 – Enrollment deadline for coverage effective Jan. 1, 2016.
- Jan. 1 – Coverage begins for customers eligible for automatic renewal and customers who selected a health and/or pediatric dental plan by Dec. 23. You must pay your insurance company directly when invoiced for coverage to be effective.
- Jan. 23 – Enrollment deadline for coverage effective Feb. 1, 2016.
- Jan. 31 – Open Enrollment ends! Enrollment deadline for coverage effective March 1, 2016.
American Indian and Alaska Natives can enroll year-round. Enrollment in Washington Healthplanfinder Business and Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) is also year-round.
If you have questions about renewing your coverage, visit www.wahbexchange.org/renew. After you finalize your coverage for next year, you will get a bill from your health and/or dental insurance company. Make sure to pay your premium directly to your insurance company.