Open Enrollment Begins November 1st
Open Enrollment begins November 1, 2015 and runs through January 31, 2016. Open Enrollment is the time of year when you can enroll or renew coverage in a Qualified Health Plan, and this year there are more options than ever before. Visit www.wahbexchange.org/new-customers/coverage-basics/health-plans-overview to find out more.
- Nov. 1 – Open Enrollment begins! You can shop and compare 2016 coverage options at www.wahealthplanfinder.org.
- Dec. 23 – Enrollment deadline for coverage effective Jan. 1, 2016.
- Jan. 1 – Coverage begins for customers eligible for automatic renewal and customers who selected a health and/or pediatric dental plan by Dec. 23. You must pay your insurance company directly when invoiced for coverage to be effective.
- Jan. 23 – Enrollment deadline for coverage effective Feb. 1, 2016.
- Jan. 31 – Open Enrollment ends! Enrollment deadline for coverage effective March 1, 2016.
American Indian and Alaska Natives can enroll year-round. Enrollment in Washington Healthplanfinder Business and Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) is also year-round.
If you have questions about renewing your coverage, visit www.wahbexchange.org/renew. After you finalize your coverage for next year, you will get a bill from your health and/or dental insurance company. Make sure to pay your premium directly to your insurance company.