At Washington Healthplanfinder, safeguarding the information of our customers is a top priority. To help protect yourself and your personal information from fraud or scams, follow these important tips:
- Don’t Share Your Private Information: Under no circumstances will Washington Healthplanfinder or Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) ask for your personal information, such as your Social Security number or banking information via an unsolicited call or email. Never share this information with someone you don’t know and always ask for proof of identity.
- Free Help is Available through Trained Individuals: Only individuals who are certified by Washington Healthplanfinder or Washington Apple Health to assist you with the enrollment process should request personal information to complete your application during a scheduled visit. This help is always free. If you don’t know whether someone is certified to assist you, call the Washington Healthplanfinder Customer Support Center at 1-855-923-4633. Community volunteers trained by Washington Apple Health can be verified by calling 1-800-562-3022 or emailing email@example.com.
- Verify the Web Address of Washington Healthplanfinder: The only official web address for Washington Healthplanfinder is www.wahealthplanfinder.org. Any other site with a variation of the name or with an address that ends in .net or .com is not the state’s official health insurance marketplace. If you’re unsure of a website, call our Customer Support Center. If you suspect a site is fraudulent, contact the Insurance Commissioner’s office at 1-800-562-6900.
- Don’t be Fooled by Imitations: www.wahealthplanfinder.org is the official health insurance marketplace for Washington state and the only place where you can receive tax credits, cost-sharing reductions, or access to free coverage through Washington Apple Health. Don’t be fooled by imitations. There’s never any cost in signing up for free or low-cost health coverage.
- The Exchange Doesn’t Cover Medicare: Washington Healthplanfinder doesn’t offer supplemental coverage to Medicare beneficiaries. Don’t be fooled by individuals telling you they can enroll you in new Medicare coverage under the Affordable Care Act or through Washington Healthplanfinder. If you suspect someone of Medicare fraud, call the Insurance Commissioner at 1-800-562-6900.
- Report Scams: If you receive an unsolicited request for your personal information to enroll in health care coverage under the Affordable Care Act, ask for the individual’s name, associated organization, and phone number to verify the information or don’t respond.
- If you feel you’ve been a victim of identity theft or an attempted scam, report it immediately to the local authorities.
- You may report attempted fraud to Washington Healthplanfinder at 1-844-586-9350, firstname.lastname@example.org, or P.O. Box 1757, Olympia, WA 98507.
- If you suspect Washington Apple Health fraud, contact the Health Care Authority at 1-800-562-6906 or email@example.com.
- To report a fraudulent website, please contact the Office of the Insurance Commissioner at 1-800-562-6900 or www.insurance.wa.gov.