Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I create a password for my account?

If you don’t remember your password, you can reset it online. Click “Sign In” on the homepage and then “Forgot Your Password?” You’ll then be prompted to enter your username, create a new password, and answer a security question.

When you’re ready to create your new password, use the tips below:
  • Don’t use any of your last 24 passwords
  • Use a password at least 4 characters different than your previous passwords
  • Randomly combine letters, numbers, and at least one of the special characters
  • Replace letters with numbers when possible (for example, replace the letter E with the number 3)

Q: I filed my federal taxes. Why am I getting denied tax credits?

To double check that your taxes were filed and your health insurance premium tax credits were reconciled, request an IRS Transcript – Record of Account.

More information about where to get your transcript.

Q: I received a 1095-A from Washington Healthplanfinder. What should I do with it?

The 1095-A is similar to other tax documents that customers commonly receive, like the W-2 and 1099 forms. You will need it to file your federal income tax return. This form helps to determine whether you received too much or too little financial assistance paying for your monthly premiums.

Read more about your 1095-A statement.

Q: Why do I need to file my taxes?

When you signed up for health insurance, you had to estimate your next years’ income to determine your tax credit. If you had changes in your income or household size throughout the year, it might have impacted the final amount of your tax credit. The 1095-A and IRS Form 8962 help you determine the final amount of tax credit due and also ensure that you have the opportunity to get a tax credit in the future. IRS regulations require that any customer enrolled in a Qualified Health Plan with tax credits file a federal tax return using these forms.

If you do not file a tax return and reconcile the tax credit you received last year, you will lose the opportunity to receive tax credits until the the IRS has confirmed you’ve filed your taxes. It can take the IRS up to 10 weeks to process a tax return.

Q: How do I get my 1095-A?

You can download an electronic copy of your 1095-A from your Washington Healthplanfinder account. If your 1095-A is not available, call our Customer Support Center.

Download our mobile app, WAPlanfinder to get your 1095-A right on your phone.

Q: How do I request a correction to my 1095-A?

If you need to request a correction to your 1095-A, fill out a correction request online.

Q: What can I do to be eligible again for health insurance premium tax credits?

File and reconcile your federal taxes using your 1095-A and Form 8962. Even if you don’t normally file an income tax return, if you received health insurance premium tax credits last year, you need to file a tax return.

It can take the IRS up to 10 weeks to process a tax return depending on how it is filed (paper vs. electronic). After you get confirmation that your tax return has been processed, return to Washington Healthplanfinder and report the change that you have recently filed your taxes. Sign in to your Washington Healthplanfinder account and complete these steps:

  • Click the quick link “Report a Change in Income or Household”
  • Select “Yes” to the option “Something else has changed”
  • Review your information and update your application if necessary
  • Submit your application
  • Review your eligibility status and click “See If You Qualify”
  • On the Special Enrollment Questionnaire, select “Yes” to the option “I have reconciled my taxes for a year that I had received health insurance premium tax credits.”

This may give you a special enrollment period where you can get a new eligibility decision and apply any advanced premium tax credit you are eligible for to the health plan that you select.


Last updated 01/15/21