Washington Healthplanfinder Enrollment Increases to Nearly 250,000
Washington Healthplanfinder today announced that 248,270 Washingtonians have newly enrolled in private health coverage or Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) since Oct. 1. Since Dec. 23, enrollments saw a 16 percent increase with nearly 35,000 additional residents enrolled in new health coverage options.
Updated enrollment numbers from Oct. 1 to Jan. 2 are included below.
Web and Call Center Data
Unique Visitors: 1,079,663
Accounts Created: 311,385
Call Center Volume (January to-date): 16,953
Average Call Center Wait Time (January to-date): 5 min
Qualified Health Plans: 71,205
Medicaid Newly Eligible Adults: 121,258
Medicaid Previously Eligible but not Enrolled: 55,807
Medicaid Redeterminations (Previously Covered):156,206
Qualified Health Plan Applicants – Need to Pay: 72,178
In-Process Applicants: 179,141
*Note: These numbers reflect enrollments and applications through Jan. 2.
- Application Status Legend
Qualified Health Plans: Includes individuals who have selected and submitted payment for a qualified health plan (private health plan).
- Medicaid Newly Eligible Adults: Includes newly eligible individuals who have qualified and enrolled in a Medicaid plan under the Medicaid expansion and does not include those who have transitioned from other Medicaid programs.
- Medicaid Previously Eligible but not Enrolled: Includes individuals (children, pregnant women, low-income families) who are newly enrolling but were eligible under old Medicaid eligibility rules.
- Medicaid Redeterminations: Includes individuals who were already enrolled in a Medicaid program and have had their eligibility status converted, re-determined or renewed through Washington Healthplanfinder as opposed to newly determined.
- QHP (Need to Pay): Includes individuals who have completed an application for a Qualified Health Plan that is awaiting payment.
- In Process: Includes individuals who have started applications or completed applications that need to be finalized.
Medicaid note: Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) does not have an open enrollment period. Individuals and families will be able to apply and complete their renewals via www.wahealthplanfinder.org throughout the year. Questions about Healthplanfinder should be directed to the toll-free Customer Support Center at 1-855-WAFINDER; Apple Health questions can be directed to the toll-free hot line at 1-800-562-3022 or emailed to AskMedicaid@hca.wa.gov
For more information about Washington Healthplanfinder and to enroll in health coverage, please visit www.wahealthplanfinder.org.
About Washington Healthplanfinder
Washington Healthplanfinder is a new online marketplace for individuals, families and small businesses in Washington to compare and enroll in health insurance coverage and gain access to tax credits, reduced cost sharing and public programs such as Medicaid. Washington Healthplanfinder began enrolling consumers on Oct. 1, 2013, for health insurance coverage beginning on Jan. 1, 2014. The open enrollment period extends through March 31, 2014.
About the Washington Health Benefit Exchange
The Washington Health Benefit Exchange is a public-private partnership established in accordance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (ACA) with the goal to redefine people’s experience with health care through the creation of a new health insurance marketplace for individuals and small businesses. The Exchange is separate from the state and governed by an independent 11-member board appointed by former Gov. Chris Gregoire in Dec. 2011.
About Health Care Authority
The Health Care Authority includes the two largest state health care purchasing programs – Apple Health (Medicaid) and Public Employees Benefits system, which handles state employee benefits. Under Medicaid expansion, income eligibility guidelines will increase to 138% of the federal poverty level effective Jan. 1, 2014, increasing state Medicaid rolls by an estimated 328,000 individuals.