Open Enrollment is Here!

Shop new 2017 health & dental plans

Learn More

Report a Change

Once you have coverage through Washington Healthplanfinder, you must report changes to your income, household, address, and health coverage eligibility as soon as possible. Reporting changes is important so you get the right amount of financial help. Reporting changes through your account online is the easiest way for you to keep your application and eligibility information up-to-date.

Changes You Should Report

You should report the changes listed below as soon as the changes occur. You must report changes within 60 days from the date of the event.

Changes in income:
  • Someone in your household has an increase or decrease in monthly income by at least $150
  • If your household income changes weekly or every two weeks, only report the total income change for the month
Changes in health coverage:
  • Someone in your household is getting coverage through their employer
  • Someone in your household is getting coverage from a public program, such as Washington Apple Health or Medicare
  • Someone in your household is losing or has lost coverage
Changes to your household:
  • Someone in your household had a baby or adopted a child
  • Someone in your household is pregnant
  • Someone in your household got married or divorced
  • A child on your health plan is turning or has turned 26 years old
  • Someone in your household has died
  • A dependent has been added or removed from your household
  • Someone in your household is moving or recently moved to a new county
  • Corrections to a name, date of birth, or Social Security number
Other changes in status:

Why You Should Report Changes

  • If your income goes up or you lose a member of your household: You may qualify for less savings than you’re getting now. If you don’t report the changes, you could be required to pay money back when you file your federal tax return for the year.
  • If your income goes down or you gain a household member: You could qualify for more financial help then you’re currently getting. This could lower the amount you pay in monthly premiums. You could also qualify for free coverage through Washington Apple Health.
  • If your change qualifies you for a special enrollment period: Some life changes, such as getting married, having a baby, or losing health coverage, qualify you for a special enrollment period. This means you can shop for a new plan outside of the open enrollment period.

How to Report Changes

To report a change, sign in to your Washington Healthplanfinder account and click the quick link “Report a Change in Income or Household.” Answer the questions that apply to you and follow the application screens to update your information.

After you make your updates and eSign your application, you’ll get a new eligibility result that will explain:

  • If you qualify for Washington Apple Health or a Qualified Health Plan
  • If you qualify for a special enrollment period and can shop for a new plan
  • Any new amount of financial help, such as tax credits or cost-sharing reductions

You must report changes to your account by the 23rd of the month for your coverage to begin on the 1st of the following month.

If your tax credit amount changes, you can adjust how much tax credit you want to apply to the cost of your monthly premium. Adjust the tax credit slider to change the amount of tax credits you’d like to apply to your monthly premium.HPF_TaxCreditSlider