More Care for How You're Living
What is Cascade Care?
Cascade Care plans consist of Cascade and Cascade Select plans. These plans use standard cost-sharing designs, making shopping and comparing plans easier.
Washington Healthplanfinder offers a wide range of resources to help you navigate coverage options, including new Cascade Care plans at in-person enrollment centers, virtual video or phone assistance, and the WAPlanfinder Mobile App.
Reports and Data
Key takeaways from open enrollment period that ran between Nov. 1, 2020 to Jan. 15, 2021.
- 115 plans for customers to choose from
- All counties had offerings from two or more carriers
- Cascade Bronze, Silver and Gold plans are available in every county
- 19 counties had a Cascade Select offerings
- Of the over 44,000 new enrollees, approximately, 40 percent selected a Cascade Care plan
- Deductibles for Cascade Care plans are on average, $1,000 below non-standard plan deductibles in the same metal tier
- Cascade Care Silver plans are lowest cost in 8 counties; Cascade Care bronze plans are the lowest in x counties
- Over 23 percent of individuals who selected Cascade Care plans chose a Gold plan with a $500 deductible
The Exchange is continuing to work with interested legislators to improve the stability and affordability of the individual market and provide better value for Exchange customers.
What is the difference between Washington state's Public Option and President Joe Biden's proposed Public Option?
Washington was the first state in the nation to implement and sell state-procured public option (Cascade Select) health plans. These plans are similar in many respects to those being proposed at the federal level by President Joe Biden.
What is the subsidy study?
Senate Bill 5526 (2019) directed the Exchange to develop and submit a plan for implementing state premium subsidies for Washington Healthplanfinder customers with incomes up to 500% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). The report analyzes the impacts for multiple methods of delivering a state premium subsidy at varying levels of financial assistance.