The Washington Health Benefit Exchange has designed its state-based insurance marketplace to allow insurance brokers to play a critical role in helping Washington residents access health plans offered through the site. Brokers who are authorized to sell Washington Healthplanfinder products will be able to present Qualified Health Plans to individuals and businesses in Washington state.
Why You Should Get Involved
Washington Healthplanfinder provides brokers exclusive access to an untapped market of consumers and businesses who may now be eligible for premium subsidies or tax credits to help pay for their insurance coverage. Brokers may also be able to reduce costs for existing clients by enrolling clients in health insurance through Washington Healthplanfinder. Washington Healthplanfinder offers brokers:
- A password-protected login and dashboard to track their client database, client contact information, and application status.
- A unique profile for each broker in the Washington Healthplanfinder system will allow consumers and small businesses to easily locate them by name or zip code.
- Customer service will be available to answer questions and provide support to brokers as they work with clients.
Training and Compensation
Licensed brokers can become authorized to sell health plans offered on Washington Healthplanfinder upon completing an Exchange training course. Brokers must also be appointed by respective health insurance carriers to sell specific plan products. For more information about training and registration, visit Broker Training.
Brokers will receive compensation from their appointed carriers for sales of insurance plans offered on Washington Healthplanfinder, just as they do in the outside market.
Registered Broker Support
Registered brokers can contact Washington Healthplanfinder for assistance with their client accounts or client application questions.
Customer Support Center
- Phone: 1-855-923-4633, option #5 after you have selected your language
- Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday
Please remember that you must be the client’s broker of record in order to receive assistance.
Broker Account Login Assistance
- Phone: 1-855-256-9598
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include business name (if applicable), individual or business owner first and last name, application ID number, and brief synopsis of assistance needed.
Broker Field Representatives