About Washington Healthplanfinder Insurance Plans
All health plans offered through Washington Healthplanfinder meet strict benefit and quality standards. And all the essentials are covered, including visits to the doctor and emergency room, prescriptions, maternity care and preventive care such as cancer screenings and immunizations. If an accident or illness strikes, a quality health plan can help protect you from huge medical bills. In addition, no one will be denied coverage because they are sick or have a pre-existing condition.
Washington Healthplanfinder offers a range of health plans so you can choose the one that best meets your budget and health needs. To see a list of plans and rates on Washington Healthplanfinder in your area for 2015 coverage, click here.
Qualified Health Plans
The following insurance carriers sell health plans through Washington Healthplanfinder:
- BridgeSpan – Benton, Clark, Franklin, King, Kitsap, Pierce, Skagit, Snohomish, Spokane, Stevens, Thurston, Walla Walla, Yakima
- Columbia United Providers – Clark
- Community Health Plan of Washington – Adams, Benton, Chelan, Clark, Cowlitz, Douglas, Ferry, Franklin, Grant, Grays Harbor, King, Kitsap, Lewis, Okanogan, Pacific, Pend Oreille, Pierce, Skagit, Snohomish, Spokane, Stevens, Thurston, Wahkiakum, Walla Walla, Whatcom, Yakima
- Coordinated Care – Adams, Benton, Chelan, Douglas, Franklin, Grant, Jefferson, King, Lewis, Lincoln, Snohomish, Spokane, Stevens, Thurston, Walla Walla, Yakima
- Group Health Cooperative – Benton, Columbia, Franklin, Island, King, Kitsap, Kittitas, Lewis, Mason, Pierce, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, Spokane, Thurston, Walla Walla, Whatcom, Whitman, Yakima
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Northwest – Clark and Cowlitz (Small Business and Individual Market)
- LifeWise Health Plan of Washington – All 39 counties
- Moda Health Plan – All 39 counties (Individual and Small Business Market)
- Molina Health Care of Washington – Chelan, Douglas, Grant, King, Okanogan, Pierce, Spokane
- Premera Blue Cross – All counties except Clark
Qualified Dental Plans
The following insurance carriers sell pediatric dental plans through Washington Healthplanfinder:
- Delta Dental of Washington – All 39 counties
- Dental Health Services – Benton, Chelan, Clark, Columbia, Cowlitz, Douglas, Franklin, Grays Harbor, Island, Jefferson, King, Kitsap, Kittitas, Lewis, Mason, Pacific, Pierce, San Juan, Skagit, Skamania, Snohomish, Spokane, Thurston, Wahkiakum, Walla Walla, Whatcom, Yakima
- Kaiser Permanente – Clark, Cowlitz
- LifeWise – All 39 counties
- Premera Blue Cross – All counties except Clark
These health and dental plans have been certified to meet state and federal requirements for health plans as well as standards developed by Washington Healthplanfinder.
Standard Plan Benefits
All health plans offered in the individual and small group markets are required to provide all 10 of the essential health benefits. You can learn more about the 10 essential benefits here.
Levels of Coverage
Washington Healthplanfinder allows shoppers to find a plan that fits their needs and budget by offering side-by-side comparisons of health plans based on a variety of factors such as cost, quality and physician networks. Plan options will be broken down into metal tiers based on the level of coverage they provide:
- Platinum Plans: Platinum plans cover 90 percent of the cost of essential health benefits, while the patient pays 10 percent.
- Gold Plans: Gold plans cover 80 percent of the cost of essential health benefits, while the patient pays 20 percent.
- Silver Plans: Silver plans cover 70 percent of the cost of essential health benefits, while the patient pays 30 percent.
- Bronze Plans: Bronze plans cover 60 percent of the cost of essential health benefits, while the patient pay 40 percent.
All plans on Washington Healthplanfinder will have new limits on out-of-pocket costs like deductibles and co-payments. An individual will pay no more than $6,600 and a family no more than $13,200 in any year.
Help Paying for Coverage
More people than ever before qualify for financial help to pay for coverage. Depending on how much you earn, you can qualify for a free or low-cost health plan, or be eligible for financial help that can lower the cost of your premiums and copays. Financial help is available in several ways:
- Tax credits: Tax credits can be used to lower the health insurance premium costs of Washington Healthplanfinder Qualified Health Plans. This tax credit provides you the option to either reduce the amount of your monthly health insurance premium or have a lump sum deduction when you file your annual income tax return.
- Cost-sharing subsidies: Cost-sharing subsidies reduce the out-of-pocket amount of expenses you have to pay when you receive health care services at the hospital or doctor’s office. You can get this reduction if you purchase a Silver plan through Washington Healthplanfinder and if your income is below a certain level.
- Washington Apple Health: In 2014, under the Affordable Care Act, Washington State expanded Washington Apple Health. The coverage is free for those who qualify.
Choosing a Health Plan
Washington Healthplanfinder will have a network of customer support across Washington State to help you get the information you need to enroll in health coverage that best meets your needs and budget. To learn more, visit www.wahealthplanfinder.org.