Get Covered in 2016

Qualified Health Plan Open Enrollment is Nov. 1, 2015 to Jan. 31, 2016. Shop now!

Learn More

Frequently Asked Questions

Top Trending Questions Now

Q: How do I pay my monthly health and dental premiums?

You should pay your monthly premiums directly to your health or dental insurance company. If you have health and dental insurance provided by two different companies, you should make a payment to each company.

Visit our Making a Payment page to learn how to pay your insurance company directly.

Q: Will I continue to receive monthly invoices/bills from Washington Healthplanfinder?

You received your last bill from Washington Healthplanfinder in early September. All future bills will be sent to you by your health and dental insurance company. Payment deadlines may vary by insurance company.

After Sept. 23, when you sign in to your Washington Healthplanfinder account, your payment history and past bills will be archived through Sept. 23. No payment history or bills after Sept. 23 will display in the “Billing & Payments” section of your Washington Healthplanfinder account.

Visit our Making a Payment page to learn more about paying your insurance company directly.

Q: When should I report a life event or change in my Washington Healthplanfinder account?

You must report changes to your income, household, address and health coverage eligibility as soon as possible. Reporting changes is important so that you get the right amount of financial help for your coverage.

Visit our Report a Change page to learn more.

Q: I’ve experienced technical problems with my Washington Healthplanfinder account. What should I do?

If you’ve run into problems trying to enroll in health coverage through Washington Healthplanfinder, please call our Customer Support Center at 1-855-923-4633. Our representatives will help you resolve any issues.

Visit our Application Quick Tips page to for application tips.

Q: What if I forgot my Washington Healthplanfinder password or username? 

To get your password, click “Forgot your username or password?” from the Washington Healthplanfinder homepage in the Sign In box. You’ll need to enter your username and answer one of the security questions you created when you set up your account. Once you’ve answered the question correctly, Washington Healthplanfinder will give you access to your account.

To get your username, click “Forgot your username or password?” from the Washington Healthplanfinder homepage in the Sign In box. Washington Healthplanfinder will send you an email with your username so you can log back into your account.

If you tried to reset your username or password and still need assistance, call our Customer Support Center at 1-855-923-4633.

Q: I got a letter from my health insurance company telling me that my current health coverage will not be offered during the next coverage year, but a similar plan is available. What do I need to do?

During open enrollment, you can sign in to your Washington Healthplanfinder account to renew coverage for next year. You’ll have the option to confirm the health plan that your health insurance chose for you or shop for a different plan.

You’ll also get a letter from Washington Healthplanfinder with your new premium tax credit information. This letter will also explain the steps to renew your coverage for the next year.

Q: What does it mean to opt-out of coverage renewal?

This means you don’t want to renew your health insurance coverage for next year. If you change your mind, you have until January 31, 2016, to select and pay for a health plan. Jan 31, 2016, is the last day of the open enrollment period for 2016 coverage.

Q: I received a 1095-A form from Washington Healthplanfinder. What is it, and what should I do with it?

The 1095-A is similar to other tax documents that consumers commonly receive, like the W-2 and 1099 forms, and you will need to save it for filing your federal income tax return. This form helps to determine whether you received too much or too little financial assistance in paying for your insurance premium. Read more about the 1095-A.

Q: Who should I include on my application?

Your income and family size help determine what financial help you qualify for. Include these people on your application, even if they are not applying for health coverage:

  • Yourself
  • Your spouse, if you’re married
  • Any children you are caring for who live with you
  • Anyone else you include on your federal income tax return

Anyone who lives with you that you don’t file taxes for will need to apply for health coverage on their own separate application.

Q: Who can get coverage through Washington Healthplanfinder?

To be eligible for Washington Healthplanfinder, you must:

  • Live in Washington State
  • Be a U.S. Citizen, national, or lawfully present immigrant
  • Cannot be currently incarcerated

Learn more on our Who Can Sign Up page.