The Washington Health Benefit Exchange has designed its state-based insurance marketplace to allow insurance brokers to play a critical role in helping Washingtonians access health plans offered through the site. Brokers who are authorized to sell Washington Healthplanfinder products will be able to present Qualified Health Plan offerings to individuals and small businesses in Washington State. Washington Healthplanfinder’s open enrollment period closed March 31, 2014. The next open enrollment period is Nov. 15, 2014, to Feb. 15, 2015.
Why You Should Get Involved
Washington Healthplanfinder will provide exclusive access to an untapped market of consumers and small businesses who may now be eligible for premium subsidies or tax credits to help pay for their insurance coverage. Producers may also work with existing clients to offer health insurance through Washington Healthplanfinder. The site will offer producers:
- A password-protected login and dashboard to track their client database, client contact information and application status.
- A unique profile for each broker in the Washington Healthplanfinder system will allow consumers and small businesses to easily locate them by name or zip code.
- Customer service will be available to answer questions and provide support to producers as they work with clients.
Training and Compensation
Licensed brokers can become authorized to sell health plans offered on Washington Healthplanfinder upon completing an Exchange training course. Brokers must also be appointed by respective health insurance carriers to sell specific plan products. For more information about training and registration, click here.
Brokers will receive compensation from their appointed carriers for sales of insurance plans offered on Washington Healthplanfinder, just as they do today.
For additional information, please visit our frequently asked questions.
Registered Broker Support
Registered brokers can contact Washington Healthplanfinder for assistance with their accounts and passwords or client application questions.
Washington Healthplanfinder Customer Support Center: 1-855-923-4633
Monday - Friday 7:30am - 8:00pm
*Please remember that the you must be the client’s broker of record in order to receive assistance.
Washington Healthplanfinder Business Support: 1-855-256-9598
- Option# 1 for Broker Account Login Assistance
- Option# 2 for Broker and Small Business Support- Monday- Friday 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Please include business name (if applicable), individual or business owner first and last name, application ID number, and brief synopsis of assistance needed.
Broker/Small Business Representatives
- Scott Hacker – South Center (Tukwila) north to the Canadian border: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Jackling – South Center (Tukwila) south to the Oregon border: email@example.com
- Brandon Larson and Kris Lattimore – Eastern Washington: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Washington Healthplanfinder Status Center
- Washington Healthplanfinder Quick Tips
- Registered Broker Help Session Webinars