The Washington Health Benefit Exchange Board meets monthly, or more often as needed. The meetings are open to the public and open to public comment. All meetings agendas, materials, minutes and audio recordings are available to the public through this website.
The Exchange is governed by an 11-member Board comprised of a chair and eight members appointed by the governor from nominees put forward by each of the legislative caucuses. These individuals have expertise in variety of health care areas including individual coverage, small employer coverage, plan administration, finance and economics and actuarial science. The director of the Health Care Authority and the Insurance Commissioner also serve on the Board in an ex-officio, non-voting capacity. On March 15th, 2012, the Board assumed governing authority over the Exchange.
Exchange Board Members
- Chair: Ron Sims, retired Deputy Secretary for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Bill Baldwin, Partner, The Partners Group
- Don Conant, General Manager at Valley Nut and Bolt in Olympia and Assistant Professor in the School of Business at St. Martin's University
- Melanie Curtice, partner in the employee benefits section at the law firm of Stoel Rives LLP
- Ben Danielson, Medical Director at the Odessa Brown Children's Clinic
- Phil Dyer, Senior Vice President at Kibble & Prentice/USI and former state legislator
- Bill Hinkle, Executive Director, Rental Housing Association and former state legislator
- Teresa Mosqueda, Legislative and Policy Director for the Washington State Labor Council and Chair of the Healthy Washington Coalition
- Hiroshi Nakano, CEO South Sound Neurosurgery
- Ex-Officio: Dorothy Teeter, Director of the Health Care Authority
- Ex-Officio: Mike Kreidler, Washington State Insurance Commissioner
- Dial-In: Teleconference Line: 1-866-244-8528 Teleconference Passcode: 974081
- Location: Each Board Meeting is currently held at a different location. The next Board Meeting on April 24 will be held at the Seattle Airport Marriott Hotel, Seattle Ballroom, 3201 South 176th St, Seattle, WA 98188. See below for details.
Marriott parking reduced to $6.00 for HBE visitors. Vouchers for reduced parking will be located at the staff table. Vouchers are valid for the meeting day only. You may collect your voucher from Jenna Mannigan before the meeting begins, immediately after it ends or during one of the scheduled breaks.